The following message is from UC Davis Study Abroad:
Greetings Urban Studies and Planning students,
Earn 8 units in a month! UC Davis Summer Abroad is currently accepting enrollments for 2020 summer programs (30+ programs in 22 different countries to choose from!) Below are some unique programs that may be of interest to you.
- Open to all UCSD students (freshman through graduating seniors)
- UCSD summer financial aid applies
- UC Davis courses, led by UC Davis faculty
- Courses taught in English
Create an online interest profile to receive email updates about programs that interest you (it only takes a minute!) Visit the program webpage links below for details on fees, activities, courses and more.
Courses: Community and Regional Development 153B & 198 or Landscape Architecture 191 & 198
Discover the many lessons we can take home from Barcelona on housing development and neighborhood regeneration efforts.
Courses: Landscape Architecture 150 & 198 or Applied Biological Systems Technology 150 & 198
Learn how to use geographic information systems (GIS) in the peaceful, culturally rich, and biodiverse country of Bhutan in the Himalayan Mountains, where progress is measured in Gross National Happiness.
Gain experience working with multiple areas of sustainable and tropical agriculture at EARTH University. Spend 2 weeks in each area: peri-urban agriculture, tropical crops, and organic agriculture.
Journey through two European countries famous for their trend setting historical and contemporary art, architecture and design.
Enrollment is now open. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to help!
Program Coordinator & Advisor Lead
Global Learning Hub
University of California, Davis
International Center | Suite 1120
463 California Ave | Davis, CA 95616
email@example.com | (530) 752-5581
The International Institute and Human Rights Program are pleased to announce the 13th annual student competition for human rights fellowships. Successful applicants for the 2020 UC Human Rights Fellowship will receive $5,000 for summer internships with a human rights organization of their choice.
Interested students are invited to attend an informational session on Wednesday, January 29th at 10:00pm in the Sequoyah Hall, Room 103.
Information and application instructions have been attached to this email. The 2020 application and FAQs are uploaded also to: https://internationalinstitute.ucsd.edu/
Applications are due no later than 12:00pm Monday, February 24th.
Students can attend the Esri User Conference for $125 for the entire week. The one-day complimentary registration option is still available.
Below are detailed instructions for the registration process for either of these options. More information can be found here.
Registration Instructions for UC University Student rate ($125)
- You’ll need an Esri Account. If you don’t have one, please create an Esri account here
- Go to the 2020 UC Registration page and click “Register Now”
- Sign in to your Esri Account
- Select if you are registering yourself or someone else
- Under the heading “Customer Information,” select “I don’t have a customer number”
- Select that you are an Attendee
- Select that you are attending UC, click Next
- Select UC University Student rate for $125, click Next
- Complete the required fields on the Personal Info page and click Review & Pay
- Enter payment details. Payment by credit card or check is required prior to UC –no cash will be accepted onsite
- Review the policy regarding personal information and check the box under the Notes field, if you consent
- Review the cancellation policy and check the box, if you agree
- Click Submit
- Your registration has been submitted and is pending review
The EIT Urban Mobility Master School is this year opening its doors for the first time, offering a unique master degree experience to students with an enthusiasm for transport studies, an interest in creating livable urban spaces, and a drive to apply entrepreneurial and innovation skills to achieve that. If you know of any students that fit that description, then please forward the information below to them. EIT, the European Institute of Innovation Technology, is an initiative of the European Commission to support knowledge-triangle activities in thematic areas, most recently Urban Mobility.
Briefly, here are a few details. In this first year for Autumn 2020, we are offering two thematic programmes with the following participating universities:
- Future Mobility Markets and Services: UPC Barcelona, BME Budapest
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Transitions: TU Eindhoven, Aalto University, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and UPC Barcelona
Some other features of both programmes are:
- Fully 25% of the programme content is focused on innovation and entrepreneurship skills, which we plan to be certified with the EIT Label from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology
- Mobility between two universities in two different European countries, leading to two master degrees
- A summer school with a comparative examination of an urban mobility challenge in two nearby cities
- A one-month embedded internship at a company or organization
- A generous scholarship package for highly-qualified applicants
We are taking applications in two rounds: first round by 3rd February 2020, and second round by 17th April 2020. Students coming from outside of Europe are strongly encouraged to apply by the first date, otherwise there may be too little time to obtain the required visa. Details on how to apply can be found here.
If you or your students have any questions or would like more information, please visit the web site here: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/masterschool/