The Blum Summer Field Internship (BSFI) was established in 2014, with generous funding from University of California Regent Richard C. Blum and the UC Office of the President, to enable dozens of UC San Diego undergraduates to participate each summer in immersive, team-based field research in the UCSD Community Station sites, located in four disadvantaged communities across the San Diego / Tijuana border region. The Blum Summer Field Internship is supported by Mr. Blum, and the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
We are delighted to announce the call for applications for the 2020 Blum Summer Field Internship, our annual interdisciplinary undergraduate internship program in the UCSD Community Stations. The 6-week internship will run July 6-August 14, 2019. Successful applicants will be hired as undergraduate researchers, and will earn approximately $2,000 during the six week period. For more information about the Blum Summer Field Internship, please see: http://gjustice.ucsd.edu/blum-summer-field-internship/
Applications are due January 20, and decisions will be announced Feb 3, 2019.
The application can be found and downloaded here: http://gjustice.ucsd.edu/
Applicants should read the terms of participation carefully. They are located at the top of the application form.
Completed applications should be sent as a PDF to Khushbu Gokalgandhi at: email@example.com by January 20, 11:59pm
Once again, students in the following 12 majors, programs and concentrations are eligible to apply (although other uniquely qualified students are occasionally admitted):
1. Global TIES (JSOE)
2. The Global Health major / minor
3. The Human Rights minor
4. The Sixth College practicum
5. The Public Service minor (in Thurgood Marshall College)
6. Partners at Learning (in Education Studies)
7. The Urban Studies and Planning Department
8. Earth Sciences (in the Scripps Institution of Oceanography)
9. Environmental Systems (in the Division of Physical Sciences)
10. B.S. in Public Health (in the UCSD School of Medicine)
11. Structural Engineering (JSOE)